What Is Flexible Packaging?
The hallmark of flexible packaging is its non-rigid structure and ability to change shape to accommodate both irregular and non-solid products. Flex packaging is typically a lightweight option, which means lower shipping costs and more efficient storage in your warehouse.
Flexible packaging materials are engineered to protect your products from rough handling. They also offer unbeatable protection from rough handling, as well as increased moisture and oxygen absorption, and even temperature control, which significantly extends the lifespan of your products. This is especially important in food packaging, but many other product lines benefit from longer shelf lives, too!
Why Use Flexible Packaging?
Yes, flexible packaging can adapt to nearly any shape and keep your products in top condition, but it can also be easily customized to match your brand. Printing options on flex packaging products are nearly endless; you can even choose to include a clear area on the package so that consumers can get a sneak peek and see what your product looks like. Take a look at our custom packaging portfolio for examples of customization and branding.
Flexible packaging is also a smart choice for many products because of benefits like:
- Airtight, resealable zippers – Make it easy for the consumer to use your product while extending its lifespan and ensuring quality.
- Prevent leakage and damage – Don’t take a chance on product loss; make sure your packaging is sturdy enough to protect your products.
- Versatility – Flexible packaging materials can be molded to fit and protect products of any shape!
- Sustainability – Many flex packaging materials are biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
Uses & Applications for Printed and Custom Flex Packaging
Since flexible packaging is just that – flexible! – it is highly adaptable and can be used to package many different types of products across nearly every industry. Create custom packaging with:
- Food/Beverages – Produce, juice, fruit snacks, sauces, spices, coffee
- Chemicals – Detergents and other household soaps/cleaners
- Pet food/treats
- Sample packets
- Lawn & garden supplies
- And many more!
Check out our Portfolio here if you’d like to see some real-world examples of our products!
Get Your Free Digital Mockup
Ready to see what your logo looks like on the packaging products you need? Send us your logo and get your free digital mockup!
Contact Plus Packaging to Learn How Flexible Packaging Can Benefit Your Brand
At Plus Packaging, we offer an unmatched variety of custom branded flexible packaging options to accommodate all of your needs. Contact us, or call at 888-959-4797, to learn more about these items and how they can benefit your business. We’ll be happy to evaluate your needs and work with you to determine the quantity and quality you require.